1999 Another Outstanding Year
- Our total sales climbed 18.5 percent to $18.1 billion. Same-store sales increased 12.5 percent, while pharmacy same-store sales rose 19.4 percent.
- CVS once again filled more prescriptions than any other retailer in America, dispensing a record 281 million prescriptions.
- We opened a record 433 new and relocated CVS/pharmacy stores, and 12 CVS ProCare stores.
- We aggressively launched our specialty pharmacy business, CVS ProCare, in this $14 billion fast-growing segment of the pharmacy market.
- The first major clicks and mortar pharmacy in America was created when we purchased Soma.com and rebranded it CVS.com.
- We continued to improve our return on invested capital with inventory turns increasing to 4.0x per year.
- CVS has the #1 market share in 30 of the top 100 U.S. drugstore markets more than any other drugstore chain.
- CVS cared for 2.5 million customers per day in 1999.
Download this section in PDF format.