At A Glance
- Walter Investment Management Corp.
- WAC (NYSE Amex)
- An asset manager, mortgage portfolio owner and mortgage servicer specializing in less-than-prime, non-conforming and other credit-challenged mortgage assets.
- Our history:
- Over our more than 50-year history, we have specialized in a disciplined approach to underwriting, coupled with a high-touch servicing platform. This approach has served us well, especially in the current distressed economic environment.
- Our difference:
- Our high-touch servicing approach relies on our field servicing organization to establish relationships with our customers and to keep delinquencies low. We help our customers stay in their homes by instilling financial discipline and helping them balance the competing demands for their limited financial resources.
Disciplined, Credit-Oriented Investment Approach
Walter Investment Management Corp.'s investment strategy will capitalize on our extensive underwriting experience and market analytics to identify investments primarily in our geographic footprint that have appealing risk-return profiles.
- We expect to invest primarily in residential loans acquired from various public and private sources, including the FDIC, government-sponsored enterprises (GSEs), banks or other holders of these assets.
- We will also consider co-investment, structured transaction, new origination and servicing opportunities, especially servicing opportunities with fee arrangements offering performance-based structures or other attractive terms.
- In addition to current income, we expect to create capital appreciation opportunities by improving the value and performance of sub-performing or non-performing residential loans through our high-touch asset management and servicing platform, loan modification programs and other techniques focused on keeping borrowers in their homes.
- We will apply leverage to transactions prudently, in order to increase potential returns to our shareholders.
We believe our investment strategy must be dynamic and flexible, enabling us to respond to shifts in economic, real estate and capital markets conditions. This strategy will ultimately position us to generate attractive long-term total returns for our shareholders.